* Makes about 1 3/4 pints
- 1 cup vanilla sugar syrup
- 2 tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- juice and zest of 1 orange
- 3 1/2 cups fresh, hulled strawberries
Purée and strain the strawberries, and mix with the cold syrup. Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions, or pour into a freezer container and freeze using the hand-mixing method.
When the sorbet is firm, freeze it in a freezer container for 15 to 20 minutes or until ready to serve. If necessary, remove it from the freezer 5 to 10 minutes before serving to soften.
This sorbet can be frozen for up to 1 month, but it is best eaten as soon as possible.
- Strawberry & drambuie sorbet
- Strawberry sorbet with balsamic vinegar & chile
- Strawberry sorbet with marmalade ripple
- Strawberry & blackberry sorbet