* Serves 2
- fresh strawberries and cherries
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 6 to 8 tbsp. fruit jelly
- strawberry or raspberry sauce
- 2 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- toasted sliced almonds
Arrange a little fresh fruit in the base of two chilled sundae glasses. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, then some fruit jelly and some fruit sauce.
Next add strawberry ice cream, and then more fruit sauce. Now top with whipped cream, fresh fruit, and nuts, followed by more sauce and a few nuts. Return to the freezer for no more than 30 minutes or eat immediately.
These are not for keeping, so prepare as required. It is a good idea to have a selection of suitable ingredients ready before you start, as well as well-chilled glasses.
- Cherryberry glory
- Chocoholics’ knickerbocker glory
- Morning glory
- Bananabocker glory