- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups whipping or heavy cream, whipped
- 2 tbsp. chopped unsalted peanuts
Over low heat, warm the milk in a small pan with the sugar and vanilla. Set aside to cool completely.
Gently beat the cooled milk into the peanut butter to blend well, then fold in the whipped cream.
Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions, or pour into a freezer container and follow the hand-mixing method. When the ice cream is almost firm, add the extra nuts. Freeze for 15 minutes before serving.
This ice cream can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Take it out 15 minutes before serving to soften.
Makes about 1 3/4 pints
- crunchy peanut butter & banana chip ice cream
- peanut butter & jelly ice cream
- peanut butter & white chocolate ice cream
- peanut butter extra honey roasted ice cream
- peanut butter & chewy mallow ice cream