* Serves 6
- 4 ripe bananas, plus more for serving
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp. clear honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought vanilla custard
- 1 cup heavy cream, softly whipped, plus more for serving
- caramel shards
In a blender or food processor, blend the bananas with the lemon juice, honey, and vanilla until creamy smooth. Blend the mixture into the custard evenly and then fold in the whipped cream.
Spoon the mixture into a freezer container. Freeze for 1 hour, then break up with a fork until smooth again. Return to the freezer until firm or until ready to serve.
Serve scoops of the ice cream with more banana slices and whipped cream and a scattering of caramel shards.
This ice cream will freeze for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes or more before serving to soften slightly.
- Banana & coconut custard ice cream
- Banana & nougat custard ice cream
- Banana custard & jelly ripple ice cream
- Banana & taffy custard ice cream
- Banana custard ice cream with peanut butter ripple