- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup crumbled Oreo cookies
Over low heat, warm the milk, sugar, and vanilla together in a saucepan, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool, then chill in the refrigerator.
Whip the cream until thick and then whisk in the chilled milk mixture. Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s directions. If you do not have an ice cream maker, follow the instructions
Freeze until the ice cream is nearly firm, then add the crumbled cookies and stir through gently. Place the ice cream in the freezer for about 15 minutes before serving. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months, take out 15 minutes before serving to soften.
Makes about 1 1/2 pints
- Vanilla cookies & cream ice cream
- Meringues & cream ice cream
- Breakfast cookies & cream ice cream
- Strawberry ripple ice cream
- Cookie dough & cream ice cream