* Makes about 1 1/4 pints
- 12 ripe passion fruit
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
Scoop out all the fruit pulp and juice and strain into a bowl to remove the black seeds. Stir in the water, sugar, and juices. Chill for about 30 minutes while the sugar dissolves. Stir occasionally.
Pour the mixture into a freezer container and freeze until almost firm, stirring and breaking up into crystals once or twice.
When ready to serve, break up the water ice with a fork until it has a granular consistency. Serve with panna cotta or crème brulée and a little fresh passion fruit juice poured over at the last moment.
- Passion fruit & cape gooseberry water ice
- Passion fruit & melon water ice
- Passion fruit & mango water ice
- Passion fruit & rum water ice
- Passion fruit & orange water ice