*Makes about 1 3/4 pints
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped and chilled
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 blueberry muffins, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
Beat the cooled milk with the whipped cream, egg yolks, and crumbled muffins. Pour into an ice cream maker and process following the manufacturer’s directions. Churn for about 30 minutes or until almost firm, stir in the fresh blueberries, and transfer to a freezer container. Freeze for 15 minutes before serving or until required.
If you do not have an ice cream maker, use the hand-mixing method. Stir in the fresh blueberries after whisking the ice cream for the last time. Return to the freezer until required.
Store the ice cream in the freezer for up to 3 months. Take it out 15 minutes before serving to soften.
- White chocolate chip muffin ice cream
- Extra-fruity muffin ice cream
- Roasted cranberry muffin ice cream
- Raspberry & hazelnut muffin ice cream
- Chocolate & apple muffin ice cream