* Makes about 1 pint
- 12 ripe purple figs
- 6 tbsp. orange blossom honey
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
Set aside the 4 firmest or nicest figs, with a little of the juice from the dish, to serve later. Scoop the flesh of the rest of the figs into a bowl with the rest of the juice, and blend to a smooth purée. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s directions, or put into a freezer container and freeze using the hand-mixing method. When firm, freeze until ready to serve. Top each serving with a roasted fig and a drizzle of the juices.
- Ricotta ice with roasted pears
- Ricotta ice with roasted quince
- Ricotta ice with prunes
- Ricotta ice with roasted apricots