* Makes 1 1/4 pints
- 1 tsp. finely grated citrus zest
- 1 cup mixed citrus juice (for instance 1 orange, 1 lemon, and 1 lime)
- 2 tbsp. sweetener (or to taste)
- 2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 egg white
Mix the zest, juice, sweetener, and yogurt together. Whisk the egg white until stiff, then whisk in the juice mixture.
Pour into an ice cream maker and churn following the manufacturer’s directions, or pour into a freezer container and freeze using the hand-mixing instructions. When firm, leave in the freezer until ready to serve.
The ice can be frozen for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer 10 to 15 minutes before serving to soften slightly.
- Orange yogurt ice
- Blueberry yogurt ice
- Greek lemon & honey yogurt ice
- Blood orange yogurt ice
- Chunky pineapple yogurt ice