* Makes about 1 1/4 pints
- 3/4 lb. very ripe apricots, pitted
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
Put the apricots in a blender with the sugar and water. Blend to a purée, then pass through a fine-mesh sieve if you want a really smooth mixture.
Stir in the Amaretto, then pour into a container to freeze until partially frozen. Whisk or break up briefly and then return to the freezer until frozen but not hard. Break up with a fork to give a crumbly crystallized effect and serve either on its own or with grilled or poached fruit.
- Apricot & kirsch water ice
- Peach or nectarine water ice
- Pineapple water ice
- Dried apricot & orange water ice
- Apricot water ice with berry crush