* Makes about 1 3/4 pints
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups whole milk, chilled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 milk chocolate, broken up
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped and chilled
- 1 cup mini-marshmallows
- 1/2 cup mixed roughly chopped pecans and sliced almonds
When cooled, stir in the vanilla and the rest of the milk. Whisk this gradually into the whipped cream.
Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s directions. When almost frozen, tip the ice cream into a freezer container, and quickly stir in the marshmallows and nuts. If you do not have an ice cream maker, follow the hand-mixing method and stir in the marshmallows and nuts after whisking the ice cream for the last time. Freeze for 15 minutes before serving or until required.
Store in the freezer for up to 2 weeks but take out 15 minutes before serving to soften.
- Nut-free rocky road ice cream
- Honeycomb rocky road ice cream
- Rocky road toblerone ice cream
- Rainbow rocky road ice cream
- Really nutty rocky road ice cream