* Serves 4
- 4 pieces of pound cake, chopped
- 4 to 8 tbsp. sherry or Marsala
- 7 to 8 tbsp. raspberry jelly
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 firm ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream, softening
- 1 cup whipped heavy cream
- fresh raspberries and peach slices, to decorate
Crumble the cake into the base of 4 glass serving dishes or glasses. Sprinkle the sherry or Marsala evenly over the cake.
Combine the jelly and raspberries, then spoon over the cake. Top with the sliced peaches.
Spread the softening ice cream over the peaches. Spread with the whipped cream and freeze for up to 1 hour before serving.
When ready to serve, top with a few pieces of fresh fruit.
- Iced burnt-sugar raspberry trifle
- Iced pear and quince trifle
- Iced chocolate and orange trifle
- Iced hawaiian trifle