* Serves 6
- 3 to 4 tbsp. very hot milk
- 1 (1/4-oz.) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chunks
- 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dark chocolate (you want to keep some texture)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, lightly whipped
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 18 chocolate-covered coffee beans or raisins
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
Sprinkle the gelatin onto the hot milk and stir to dissolve. If necessary, microwave for 30 seconds to help it dissolve. Melt the white chocolate and butter gently until smooth. Stir in the dissolved gelatin and set aside to cool, but don’t let it firm up again. Whisk the egg whites stiffly, then gradually whisk in the sugar and fold in the dark chocolate.
Carefully fold together the cooled white chocolate, whipped cream, yogurt, and egg whites. Spoon the mixture into 6 individual molds, or one large mold, lined with plastic wrap for easy unmolding. Neatly flatten the tops. Cover and freeze for 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
To serve, loosen the top edges with a small knife. Invert each mold onto a serving plate and wipe with a hot cloth, or gently ease the mousse out with the plastic wrap. Return the mousses to the freezer, until ready to eat. Serve with chocolate-covered coffee beans or raisins and a light sifting of powdered chocolate.
- Iced chocolate & blueberry mousses
- Iced chocolate & nougat mousses
- Iced chocolate & berry mousses
- Iced chocolate liqueur mousses
- Iced chocolate & lime mousses