* Makes 2 pints
- 1 cup sweet pear purée
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 cup thick Greek-style yogurt
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup roughly crumbled small meringues
- 1 cup sweet ripe blackberries
In a large bowl, mix together the pear purée, whipped cream, yogurt, and lemon zest. Add a little sugar to taste if you wish, or if the blackberries are not too sweet.
Now fold in the crumbled meringues and finally the blackberries, mixing as little as possible. Spoon into a deep freezer container and freeze for 1 to 2 hours. Do not stir while freezing.
To serve, gently spoon the mixture onto a serving plate with a few more berries.
- Iced blackberry & apple romanoff
- Iced blackberry & pineapple romanoff
- Iced cherry & apple romanoff
- Iced raspberry & pear romanoff
- Blackberry & black cherry romanoff