* Serves 8
- 6 ripe bananas
- 2 cups soy milk
- 6 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 to 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- flakes or curls of chocolate, to decorate
- 1/2 recipe chocolate sauce
Freeze the bananas in their skins for about 2 hours.
Peel, slice, and process the bananas in a food processor with the soy milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and sesame seeds until well blended. Spoon into a foil-lined baking sheet, spread out evenly, and freeze for 1 hour. Remove when it is still slightly soft. Then roll up (in jelly-roll style) into a cylinder, covering with a second layer of foil, and twisting the ends tightly to give the roll a good neat shape. Freeze for another hour until really firm.
To serve, unwrap the roll on a flat surface and shower all over with the cocoa powder. Transfer to a serving dish and decorate with chocolate curls, or drizzle with chocolate sauce. Serve sliced, with more chocolate sauce.
- Creamy banana & coffee roll
- Creamy banana & toffee roll
- Creamy banana & pineapple roll
- Creamy banana & pecan roll